Blue light and LED – Fact or fake news? Webinar hosted by the Australian Institute of Health & Safety (AIHS) (formerly Safety Institute of Australia (SIA)).
Do you need help translating visual ergonomics technical knowledge into practice? Do you require extra technical knowledge to help you develop a workplace visual ergonomics policy or guideline?
The volume of technical information available in journals and on the Internet can be overwhelming.
Using my educational background and experience in optometry and ergonomics, I can synthesise knowledge within the scientific literature and present it in a format that you and your workers can easily understand.
Examples of projects I have assisted with include:
- Guidelines for setting up a computer for visual comfort.
- Advice for staff eye protection within a neonatal hospital unit.
- Appropriate lighting for administering colour vision tests.
- Occupational Optometry Guide (published by the Optometrists Association Australia) http://www.optometry.org.au/media/654738/occupational_optometry_guide.pdf
- Working comfortably in the consultation room – resources for practice owners/managers and resources for employees (Practice Notes published by Optometry Australia) (http://www.optometry.org.au/for-optometrists/professional-practice/practice-notes/)
Conferences + Seminars.
Here are the conferences and events that I will be speaking at in 2019:
“Lighting for Control Rooms – Not all Control Rooms are the Same” at the IESANZ (The Lighting Society) Light in Focus Conference 2019, Melbourne.
Previous seminars and conferences from the past few years:
“Visual displays and lighting” within the workshop “Critical control rooms for the next generation of operations” at Comms Connect Melbourne, Australia. https://melbourne.comms-connect.com.au/
“The many faces of visual ergonomics – Building an international visual ergonomics network” at the Human Factors & Ergonomics Society of Australia Annual Conference, Perth, Australia.https://www.ergonomics.org.au/conference-information/hfesa-2018-conference