“Eye protection from blue light” at the Safety Institute of Australia (SIA) National Health & Safety Conference 2019, Sydney, 22-23 May 2019.
I can work with individuals and their managers to help solve visual ergonomics issues in the workplace. Some of the issues I have assisted with include:
- Discomfort associated with glare from artificial lighting and from windows.
- Headaches and visual discomfort when using visual displays.
- Modifications to work/workstations to cater for people with vision difficulties.
- Setting up visual display technology at workstations to enable good work flow.
- Arrangement of furniture and equipment within an office to enable good workflow and good lines of sight.
Here is an article describing how I assisted a lady with low vision (caused by keratoconus) to modify her workstation to improve work flow.
Long J (2011) Users of assistive technology also require assistance with ergonomics.
Conferences + Seminars.
Here are the conferences and events that I will be speaking at in 2019:
“Lighting for Control Rooms – Not all Control Rooms are the Same” at the IESANZ (The Lighting Society) Light in Focus Conference 2019, Melbourne.
Previous seminars and conferences from the past few years:
“Visual displays and lighting” within the workshop “Critical control rooms for the next generation of operations” at Comms Connect Melbourne, Australia. https://melbourne.comms-connect.com.au/
“The many faces of visual ergonomics – Building an international visual ergonomics network” at the Human Factors & Ergonomics Society of Australia Annual Conference, Perth, Australia.https://www.ergonomics.org.au/conference-information/hfesa-2018-conference