Workshop: Visual ergonomics and digital display use: progress on the development of technical report CIE TC 3-58. CIE Australia Lighting Research Conference 2021
I can work with individuals and their managers to help solve visual ergonomics issues in the workplace. Some of the issues I have assisted with include:
- Discomfort associated with glare from artificial lighting and from windows.
- Headaches and visual discomfort when using visual displays.
- Modifications to work/workstations to cater for people with vision difficulties.
- Setting up visual display technology at workstations to enable good work flow.
- Arrangement of furniture and equipment within an office to enable good workflow and good lines of sight.
Here is an article describing how I assisted a lady with low vision (caused by keratoconus) to modify her workstation to improve work flow.
Long J (2011) Users of assistive technology also require assistance with ergonomics.
Conferences + Seminars.
Here are the conferences and events that I will be speaking at in 2021:
Previous seminars and conferences from the past few years:
WEBINAR: You can’t see!!!! Who’s responsible – the worker or the workplace? Or both? Australian Institute of Health and Safety (AIHS). North west Sydney / Central Coast safety group.
WEBINAR: Working from Home Resources Launch – Human Factors & Ergonomics Society of Australia online professional development event